Seattle, April 2nd 2014
30 Day Books present their newest app: Write On! Daily Kick-Ass Writing Inspiration: 365 Quotes & Tips from the World’s Best Writers.
Write On! is an app to educate, inspire, and let the world’s best writers mentor writers everywhere on how to kick some writing ass.
The why behind this app:
Good writers need to write everyday in order to improve their craft, but staying disciplined and motivated is the hard part. Write On! delivers a beautifully presented quote that educates and / or inspires in just 30-60 seconds. It’s a great way to start any writer’s day, and is a daily reminder of their desire to be writing.
Each morning writers will be prompted to open up the app to receive guidance and motivation from a writer who obviously knows his or her stuff. After all, when Stephen King gives you writing commands, how can you defy the man?
“Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule.” – Stephen King
“Don’t say that as a boy your grandmother used to read to you, unless at that stage of her life she really was a boy, in which case you have probably thrown away a better intro.” ― Christopher Hitchens
“I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Many people never listen.” – Ernest Hemingway
“Nouns and verbs are the guts of the language. Beware of covering up with adjectives and adverbs.” ― A.B. Guthrie Jr.
Quotes can be shared with other writing friends via email and twitter. Writers quoted include Ray Bradbury, Stephen King, Ella Fitzgerald, J.K Rowling, Chuck Wendig, Pam Houston and many, many more.
– The tips and quotes are hand picked and curated by the team at The Write Life Magazine, (an interactive iOS-only magazine app available on Apple’s Newsstand) to ensure content that’s valuable to the intended audience.
– Includes dynamic content that is timely and delivered to users on a daily basis with a scheduled push notification to encourage users to engage with the app daily.
– The tips aim to educate a writing audience on how to improve their writing with 30-60 seconds a day.
– Users can go back and forward with a simple swiping action to review previous quotes and tips for the last 7 days. A simple, yet valuable experience that does not try to be too many things at once.
– The app features the high quality, stunning design that The Write Life Magazine interactive app has become known for.
We all need to check in with our writing-self on the daily. It doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming though. Write On! was created with the goal of offering up writing advice and tips that improve your craft in just 30-60 seconds, or that inspire you to write more frequently and more passionately. This is writing mentoring and coaching from the world’s best writers – in your back pocket!
– Laura Pepper Wu, Editor at The Write Life Magazine
Pricing and availability:
Write On! is available for $0.99 for a limited time in the iOS App Store. Find it here: http://bit.ly/1mIQEp8.
Find out more at www.thewritelifemagazine.com/write-on-app/
About the developers:
30 Day Books is an award winning book studio based in Seattle that provide books, classes, speaking, and other advice for writers and authors all over the world.
Please contact Laura Pepper Wu for more information, Q&As, or a review copy of the app (please mention your media outlet).
Laura Pepper Wu, email@example.com, Twitter @LauraPepWu
For all things technical or design related, please email Brandon Wu at Brandon@30daybooks.com, Twitter @theBrandonWu
30 Day Books: www.30daybooks.com
The Write Life Magazine: www.thewritelifemagazine.com