What a Literary Agent Wants! With Rachelle Gardner
And it’s time for my final superstar…!
Rachelle Gardner is a literary agent with Books and Such Literary Agency, representing a broad spectrum of fiction and nonfiction and more than 100 contracted books since 2008. Rachelle has made a name from both her agenting skills, as well as her generosity to the writer community.
Rachelle offers readers of her blog, 7 Writing and Publishing Superstar interviews with a bang!
In this 20 minute interview, we talk about:
– The fact that agents are not gatekeepers; they’re real people on the look out for the next great book!
– A great book is obviously subjective, but are there certain things Rachelle and other agents look out for? Should it be completely finished? Edited and proofread?
– Dos and Don’ts when writing the query
– Recommendations for how writers should connect with agents at conferences
– Meeting agents online and how to interact w/o being pushy
– How long should one query for before embarking on a plan B.
Watch the video (or bookmark it for your lunch break!) here:
More about Rachelle Gardner:
Rachelle shares information with writers, both at conferences and through her popular blog rachellegardner.com. You can also find her tweeting tons of useful info @RachelleGardner, and interacting on Facebook.