How to Get Published in 2014: With Jonathan Gunson of Bestseller Labs
It’s time to introduce the next superstar!
I’m really enjoying this series: 7 Superstars in Writing and Publishing. I’ve connected with some brilliant brains, and each one of them has taught me a lot about their particular field of the writing world.
Today’s interview is no different! Jonathan Gunson is the best-selling author of The Merlin Mystery, and founder of BestsellerLabs.com. He and I met on Twitter, sharing a love for helping writers reach their publishing goals, and… coffee!
I was delighted to connect with him over in New Zealand to discuss writing and publishing in today’s climate.
Specifically, we dive deep into the three things needed for publishing success – a great book, promotions, and serendipity. And of course, how to rock each of those things to your best ability!
Without further ado, here’s the interview:
In this 23 minute chat, we talk about:
– How to write a good book that sells itself through word of mouth
– The pros and cons of self-publishing vs. traditional publishing
– Colleen Hoover, a self-published New York Times’ best-seller
– Using Twitter and other social media to connect with literary agents and other people in the publishing world
– Why this is a career, not a short-term thing. The importance of hard work and patience
– How to encourage more luck and serendipity into your writing and publishing life!